Today I would like to thank you all for the comments left on the Single-Lens Reflex Cameras Offered by AirMiles article. Your advice really helped me make my choice of a new SLR digital camera.
I chose the Pentax X90 because it was the best compromise between quality and price. It’s a fairly good model, and very affordable. I am only an amateur photographer, so I don’t need the most sophisticated (and very expensive) camera. I ended up using most of my AirMiles points, but didn’t have to pay extra money for it. So in the end it was a great deal! 🙂
Now I have to learn how to make the most of all those options that this camera has to offer. Hopefully soon enough I will have some nice photographs to show you. 😛
The sales pitch was:
Kick the megazoom category up another notch with the PENTAX X90 digital camera. Featuring an extra-wide zoom, longer battery life, and an electronic viewfinder, the X90 is the ideal bridge between compact and DSLR technology, offering SLR performance in a compact body. With a 12.1 megapixel CCD sensor, high-magnification 26x optical zoom lens with wide-angle to super-telephoto coverage, and an electronic viewfinder with diopter adjustments, this all-purpose model performs superbly and effortlessly in a variety of photographic situations.
- Megazoom 26X super-telephoto lens (26-676mm equivalent) ensures extreme flexibility for any subject near or far.
- 12.1 megapixel sensor is ideal for large prints or cropping flexibility.
- Effortlessly compose and play back images and video on the 2.7 inch LCD with anti-reflection coating, or through the electronic viewfinder with diopter adjustment.
- Triple Shake Reduction technology for sharp images, even in the most challenging lighting conditions.
- High speed continuous shooting up to 11 frames per second captures even the fastest action.
- Fast Face Detection technology quickly finds up to 32 faces for perfectly focused and exposed portraits.
- Capture even the smallest and closest subjects as near as 1cm with Super Macro mode.